Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

WTD

What The Deuce?!?

I can't help it, sometimes I get offended when I see people blaspheming Jesus. I try not to let it bother me and for the most part it doesn't. But every once in a while I find my self more hurt than I think Jesus would be when it comes to others making fun of God.....Didn't Jesus himself say “blessed are you when people persecute you and say all kinds of evil against you because of me.”

But truthfully, what bothers me more than the crude Jesus humor found in stores like Hot Topic and Urban Outfitters is the utterly ridiculous Jesus crapola that can be found in Christian stores everywhere.....take for instance the following....




This comic excerpt was taken from a 1970's bible tract about preparing for the rapture....



For reals though, I cannot believe this next one made it through the "Quality Check" at Christian-Craps-R-Us


If these ceramic figurines were sold at Hot Topic or Urban Outfitters I would be a little offended. But "Jesus groping kids" can be found at most Christian bookstores....
Have you seen any really bad Christian craps out there?

7 comments:

  1. Growing up in an Assemblies of God church, we were exposed to one of the most crappy of the "Christian" craps, Buddy Barrel. Holy crap. Buddy Barrel was a cartoony barrel that was used to hold a kid's offering until he/she could get it emptied at church. Kinda like a Christian Joe Camel, using cartoon images to take money from kids. Don't get me wrong, tithes and offerings are what keeps ministry running, but I think that reverent tithes and offerings will trump cartoony trickery any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobble head Jesus and Action Figure Jesus! And don't forget Dashboard Jesus http://www.amazon.com/Dashboard-Jesus-spring-Travel-Companion/dp/B000CIS34U/ref=pd_sim_t_2

    And the best of all....Last Supper After Dinner mints http://www.amazon.com/Supper-After-Dinner-Mints-Collectible/dp/B000SSYNWU/ref=pd_sim_t_17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome...I think I'm adding this blog to my reader! Glad you started one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mike, bro we had something similar....I hated having to part with $0.10 of my hard earned allowance every week.

    @casagalan, those were awesomely awful

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The Great Snatch!" makes me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @LMR...seriously though right? that is pretty hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is an old post... but if you read this, go to the Ship Of Fools web site and check out their "Gadgets for God". I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

    ReplyDelete